CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
SOOTHING CHEESY HAM CHOWDER
10 strips of good quality bacon, diced
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
1 c. diced fresh carrots
3 T. flour
3 c. milk
1 ½ c. water
3 c. cubed potatoes
3-4 ears of fresh corn, taken off cob or 1 (15 ¼-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 T. chicken bouillon granules
Salt, black pepper to taste
3 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or your favorite
2 c. cubed fully cooked good quality ham
- In large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- With slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In drippings, saute the onions and carrots until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add milk and water.
- Bring to boil, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add potatoes, corn, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and ham.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in bacon and taste if any