CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
PUMPKIN SHAPED BISCUITS
2 (1/4-oz.) pkg. active yeast
¼ c. warm water (110-115 degree)
2 c. warm buttermilk (110-115 degree)
5 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 c. shortening
- In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in warm buttermilk. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly 3-4 times.
- Roll out to ½” thickness, cut with a 2 ½” pumpkin shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 2” apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cover with kitchen towels and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 ½ hours.
- Bake 450 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lightly brush tops with melted butter.
- Serve warm.
*Great with chili.