Asian Asparagus Tips With Lemon Chive Aioli Save Print Asian Asparagus Tips With Lemon…
1 large red bell pepper
3 T. fresh lime juice
1 T. minced fresh oregano
1 T. olive oil
1 T. ground cumin
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼” slices
1 medium red onion, cut into ¼” thick slices
1 (12-oz.) ciabatta bread loaf, halved horizontally
½ c. shredded pepper-jack cheese
- Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise, discard seeds and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, flatten with hand.
- Broil 10 minutes or until blackened.
- Wrap halves in foil and let stand 5 minutes. Peel. Cut into strips.
- Place juice, oregano, oil, cumin, red/black pepper and beans in food processor. Pulse until you get a rough chop.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with PAM.
- Arrange zucchini and onion slices on pan. Grill 5 minutes on each side.
- Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1” thick shell.
- Spread black bean mixture over bottom half of bread, top with zucchini, onion and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and cheese.
- Top with top half of bread.
- Coat both sides of sandwich with PAM.
- Place sandwich on grill pan and top with heavy skillet.
- Grill 3-4 minutes per side or until cheese melts.
- Remove from grill and cut into quarters and serve.