PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
1 1.2-2 lbs. baby Yukon Gold or red potatoes
3 bay leaves
8-10 whole garlic cloves
Kosher salt/black pepper
Optional garnishes: assorted grated cheeses, balsamic glaze, bacon bits, sour cream, etc.
- Put potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Add the bay leaves and garlic cloves.
- Salt the water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes (depending on size of potatoes). You do not want them mushy.
- Drain, discard the bay leaves.
- Toss the potatoes and garlic cloves with olive oil and make sure all are covered.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread out the potatoes and smash with a spatula, bottom of small rimmed glass, or measuring cup.
- Drizzle with more olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil, turning until crispy and golden, about 15-20 minutes.
*When you remove from oven, you can serve as is or put your favorite topping. Can be made ahead and placed on baking sheet and run under broiler when you are ready to serve them.