PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
SWEET AND TANGY GLAZED LAMB CHOPS
¼ c. garlic paste or mashed garlic
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. Angostura bitters
2 T. good quality honey
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. anchovy paste
1 t. dried oregano
1/3 c. water
12 lamb rib chops
Kosher salt, black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- In bowl, combine garlic, Worcestershire, bitters, honey, vinegar, anchovy paste, oregano and water.
- Pat chops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a 12” heavy duty skillet, cover bottom with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- When oil is shimmering, in two batches, cook chops, flipping once, until browned and medium rare (130 degrees), 4-6 minutes per batch.
- Transfer to platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off fat from skillet, add the Worcestershire mixture and bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring until mixture thickens into a light glaze, about 8-10 minutes.
- Return chops to pan and cook, turning them to coat with glaze, about 1 minute more.
- Serve chops with remaining glaze poured over them.