TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
SIZZLING DUCK POPPERS (OR GOOSE BREASTS)
1 lb. good quality bacon, cut in half crosswise
3 skinless duck breasts, cut into thin strips (this will make 15-18 strips)
3 fresh jalapenos or mini peppers, cut into rings
1 (8-oz.) block of cream cheese, cut into small pieces that will fit the duck breast strips (about ¼ teaspoon size.)
Salt, black pepper
1 jar Joey’s Cane Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette or something similar in taste
- Preheat oven 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM.
- Put the cut bacon pieces on the baking sheet and cook in oven for 8-10 minutes. Want the bacon to release some of the fat but do not want it crispy. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Season the duck strips with salt and black pepper and drizzle with the vinaigrette or some type of sweet/sour marinade. Mix well with your hands.
- Assemble: Lay a piece of bacon, top with a strip of duck, place a pepper ring in center, then a little dab of cream cheese. Roll up bacon and duck around the cream cheese and pepper. Secure with toothpick.
- Place in a glass dish. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the rolled up duck poppers.
- Seal and place in refrigerator and let marinade 4 hours or overnight.
- Spray the grill rack on an outside grill. Get temperature to 400-450 or do on a hibachi.
- Grill poppers, turning occasionally, until bacon is crispy, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.
*This recipe can be used for goose breasts as well.