REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Simply Irresistible Smoky Grilled Veggies
SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIES
Soaked wood chips
4 ears of sweet corn, shucked
1 of each color bell peppers (red, orange, yellow)
2 fresh zucchinis
2 yellow squash
1 (8-oz.) baby portabella mushrooms, halved
4-6 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
6 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded
2 large red onions, cut into wedges
10-12 whole garlic cloves
Kosher salt/black pepper
½ c. chopped smoked almonds
½ c. crumbled cotija or queso fresco
Balsamic glaze, optional garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Brush grill with olive oil or canola oil.
- Place wood chips int smoker box or foil tray.
- Place corn, bell peppers, zucchini and squash in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Grill these veggies over direct heat until lightly charred and tender, 10-13 minutes, turning and removing as needed.
- In another bowl, add mushrooms, green beans, jalapenos, onion and garlic, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a grill basked and cook until green beans are crispy-tender, mushrooms are browned and jalapeno/onions are lightly charred, 10-15 minutes, turning and removing as needed.
- When cool enough to handle, cut corn cobs into 4 pieces, halve the bell peppers, slice zucchini and squash diagonally into four pieces and onion in wedges.
- Combine corn, peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, green beans, jalapenos, onions and garlic. Mix well and taste for seasonings.
- Transfer to platter.
- Top with almonds and crumbled cheese. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired.
*Serve warm or room temp. You can also change up veggies.