NO-BAKE VEGETARIAN ENCHILADASCarrot Sofrito:1 ¼ lbs. carrots, coarsely chopped1 small onion, chopped6 garlic cloves, peeled½…
SIMMERING STUFFED ROLLED-UP ROUND STEAK WITH CRAWFISH CORN SAUTE
3 ears fresh corn, cut off cob
1/2 of red, yellow, orange, green bell pepper -diced
1/2 red onion -thin slices
1/2 carton baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
Red and yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 lb. shrimp
8- oz. fresh salsa or pico de gallo
Diced green onions
1- Heat olive oil in large skillet- sauté onions and peppers first
2-Next add shrimp and sauté
3-Add rest of ingredients and cook another 5-8 minutes
4-Season to taste
You can sub crawfish or do just veggies
With leftovers u can add black beans and/ or yellow rice and stuff creole tomatoes or bell peppers or even with bow tie pasta. You can also add to smothered okra.
For this recipe I used crawfish.
2 c. corn crawfish saute
¾ c. Italian breadcrumbs
1 ½-2 lb. round steak, fat trimmed away, ¾” thick cut, seasoned
4 oz. butter
- Take the steak and lay flat and mix the corn saute with breadcrumbs and spread the mixture all over one side of the steak.
- From the small end, begin to roll the steak like jellyroll fashion. Try to get it as tight as possible. Secure with kitchen string.
- In a medium sized Dutch oven pot, drizzle enough olive oil to cover the bottom and melt the butter in the mixture. The butter allows the olive oil to heat to a higher temperature and gives flavor.
- Gently place the steak roll in hot oil and brown on all sides. Carefully, turning it. Don’t worry if some of stuffing comes out on the ends.
- Take the meat out of pot when all sides are browned and put aside. Drain off excess oil.
1 (10 ¾-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
1 (10-oz.) can Ro-tel
1 (6-oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
1 (.87-oz.) package McCormick Brown Gravy Mix
1 (16-oz.) container chopped onion mix
3 T. minced garlic
4 T. tomato paste
1 c. red wine
2 c. beef, chicken or veggie broth
2 c. water
1 bunch chopped green onions
Salt, red/black pepper
****If you have any left-over CRAWFISH CORN SAUTE after you have mixed the 2 c. with the bread crumbs, just put it in the gravy. It adds a nice thickness and flavor.
- After you remove the steak roll and drain off excess oil, add the chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste. Saute for about 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the mushroom soup, Rotel, mushroom steak sauce and packet of brown gravy mix. Mix until well blended.
- Add to the onion mixture. Mix well.
- Add the wine, broth and water. Mix well.
- If you have the extra CORN SAUTE, add now.
- You can season but with the seasoned meat and saute, usually, it is seasoned pretty well.
- Cover and place in 350 oven for 1 hour. Check and if you think it is not tender enough cook for another 8-10 minutes. It usually will cook between 45-60 minutes depending on size of your roll. Add the chopped green onions to gravy right before serving.
- Remove from oven, take out the roll and remove string and slice away.
*Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.