TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
SCRUMPTIOUS WILD RICE WITH MUSHROOMS
3 T. butter
½ c. red onion, diced
2 ½ c. wild rice
5 c. chicken broth
1 T. olive oil
8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
8 oz. shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 T. fresh thyme leaves
2 T. minced garlic
Kosher salt, black pepper
Chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Heat 2 T. butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add rice and toast while stirring until begins to smell nutty, about 1 minute.
- Add stock and bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook on low until all water is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- While rice cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and cook, stir often until they begin to brown, 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper, cook 1 minute.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with fork and gently fold in mushrooms. Taste for seasoning.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with parsley.
*I used the mushroom mixture and added it to my Cajun Rice Dressing and it was delicious.