PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
GRANDMA’S OLD-TIME SQUASH CASSEROLE
6 T. butter, divided
3 lbs. yellow squash, sliced ¼” thick
2 c. chopped onion
2 eggs, beaten
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ c. shredded Swiss cheese
½ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
2 sleeved Ritz crackers, coarsely crushed
¼ c. shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 350.
- Melt 3 T. butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add squash, onion, salt and pepper. Cook stirring often, until center of squash is just tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to colander and set over a bowl and drain for 5-8 minutes. Discard any liquid.
- Stir together eggs, sour cream, cheddar and Swiss cheeses, mayo, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in squash mixture.
- Spoon into lightly greased 11×7” baking dish.
- Microwave remaining 3 T. butter.
- Toss butter with crushed crackers and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake until golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.