CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
SCRUMPTIOUS SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH SPAGHETTI SQUASH
2 (3-4 lb.) spaghetti squashes
8 T. butter, divided
2 lbs. medium to large fresh shrimp, peeled
2 large shallots, minced
3 T. garlic, minced
1 c. dry white wine
½ c. chicken broth
½ c. heavy whipping cream
¼ c. capers, drained
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven 375.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM.
- Prick squashes all over with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and roast until tender, about 1-2 hours, depending on size.
- Let cool 15 minutes, slice half lengthwise.
- Use fork to shred squash and place flesh in large bowl, discard seeds and skins.
- In large skillet, melt 1 T. butter. Add seasoned shrimp and cook until pink and firm, turning occasionally.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Melt 1 T. butter again in skillet.
- Add shallots, garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and broth increase heat to high and reduce liquid to 2/3.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in remaining butter, cream, capers, seasonings, flakes. Taste to adjust to your likes.
- Cook until butter has melted and sauce is smooth.
- Stir in squash, shrimp and parsley.
- Serve immediately.