CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON
1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)
3 T. sparkling wine
2 T. super fine sugar (sometimes known as caster sugar)
3 egg yolks
Zest of 1 lemon
- Turn oven to broil with rack 6” from heat.
- Mix the berries and then arrange them in individual gratin dishes and set on a baking sheet.
- Put wine, sugar and yolks in a large glass bowl.
- Whisk to mix.
- Set the bowl over a saucepan partly filled with hot, but not simmering water.
- Do not let bottom of bowl touch the water beneath.
- Whisk until mixture is frothy, pale and ribbony, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove bowl from saucepan.
- Whisk in zest and keep whisking a minute or two to cool slightly.
- Spoon the sabayon over the berries and place under broiler until sabayon is bubbly and golden, about 2 minutes.
- Place gratin dishes on plates and serve immediately.