INSTANT POT SUMMER SOUP1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, shredded1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes4 carrots, peeled…
REFRESHING SPRINGTIME RISOTTO
6 T. butter
2 c. diced sweet onion
4 c. arborio rice
1 c. white wine
8-10 c. warm chicken stock
4 c. arugula or baby spinach, rough chop (or both)
2 c. frozen green peas, thawed
2 c. chopped asparagus, blanched
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt, black pepper
- In deep stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stir occasionally until soft.
- Add rice to pot and with wooden spoon, stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock, 1 ladleful at a time, stir constantly, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in arugula, peas, asparagus and cheese.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until it all comes together.
- Season to taste.
*Risotto should be loose but not soupy. Serve immediately.