CROWD PLEASER ZUCCHINI LASAGNA3 large fresh zucchiniKosher salt/black pepperOlive oil1 garlic clove, halved1 (9-oz.) box…
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 c. cubed unpeeled eggplant
- 2 c. cubed zucchini
- 2 c. cubed yellow squash
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 of each color bell pepper, chopped (green, red, yellow, orange)
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ½-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- ½ c. white wine
- ⅓ c. small pitted green olives, drained
- ⅓ c. black pitted olives, drained, chopped
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. white pepper
- ½ t. dried basil
- ½ t. dried oregano
- ¼ t. dried marjoram
- ¼ t. dried rosemary
- ¼ t. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Saute eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash in olive oil in large Dutch oven for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peppers, onion, and garlic. Saute 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients except parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or thickened. Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer to serving tray and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve with slotted spoon.