UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 10-12 fresh mirlitons
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. small shrimp or crawfish
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 (7-8 oz.) container fresh pico de gallo
- 3-4 c. Italian bread crumbs
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- Take and clean mirlitons, cut in half, remove seed and place in pot. Cover with water and salt the water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Drain, let cool and gently remove the flesh of the mirliton and set aside. Save the shell to put stuffing in.
- In large pot, heat and add the beef and pork and start browning.
- Half way through cooking the meat, add the onion, bell pepper, garlic and cook until tender and meat is cooked.
- Add the pico de gallo and seasoned shrimp or crawfish. Cook until seafood is done.
- Take the flesh of the mirliton and mash it up and put in with the above mixture.
- Add one cup of bread crumbs at a time until you get the desired thickness of the dressing mix. Taste for seasoning.
- Fill the shells of the mirlitons with the stuffing.
- Place in baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika and more bread crumbs.
- When ready to cook, place in 350 oven until browned. About 15-20 minutes.
*****Freezes well. Can be served as a main dish or side dish. You can change the stuffing ingredients to all seafood or all meat and you can also add grated cheese of your choice.