CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
Pumpkin Cake Roll
PUMPKIN CAKE ROLL
3 large eggs
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. canned pumpkin or fresh
1 t. lemon juice
¾ c. flour
1 t. ground ginger
½ t. salt
1 t. baking powder
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 c. pecans, finely chopped
1 c. powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
2 (3-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, room temperature
½ t. vanilla
- Preheat oven 350. Grease and flour a 17 ½ x12 ½” jellyroll pan.
- With electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and lemon juice until smooth.
- Sift together flour, ginger, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the sifted ingredients to egg mixture and blend until fluffy.
- Spread batter in jellyroll pan.
- Sprinkle dough with chopped pecans.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 13-15 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a wire rack.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on a large tea towel and carefully transfer the warm cake to the towel, folding the sides of towel over the cake.
- Roll the cake up in towel and cool in refrigerator thoroughly for 1 hour.
- With electric mixer, combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Carefully unroll the cooled cake and spread the mixture on top of cake.
- Gently re-roll the cake up and refrigerate it until you are ready to slice and serve.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.