SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
ALICE’S SHRIMP SCAMPI
¼ c. butter
½ c. extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
½ of each bell pepper, chopped (red, orange, yellow, green)
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 T. minced garlic
2 lbs. medium to large shrimp, peeled, butterfly (you can leave tails on for looks)
1 (8-oz.) carton fresh sliced mushrooms
1/3 c. white wine
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 green onions, chopped
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
8 oz. linguine or fettuccine, cooked according to package directions (or your favorite pasta)
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- In large skillet, melt butter and add olive oil. Blend.
- Over low heat, add onion, bell peppers, and celery. Saute until soft.
- Season shrimp and add to the skillet, along with the garlic.
- Cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Add mushrooms toward the end of cooking the shrimp.
- Add the wine and lemon juice. Cook another 5 minutes.
- If you want to thicken your sauce, remove some of the liquid and mix WONDRA or flour and whisk until blended. Pour back into skillet and blend well.
- Add the green onions and parsley and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve over hot pasta. Garnish with paprika.