SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
MASHED POTATO COATED FISH FILLETS
4 fish fillets, nice firm type of fish, your choice
1 c. instant mashed potatoes
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. dried thyme
1 t. dried oregano
Salt, red/black pepper
1 egg, beaten
- Prepare the mashed potatoes following direction on the package.
- Mix together the potatoes, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and peppers.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip fish in egg and then in the potato mixture. Coat well. You might have to press the potato mixture onto the fish fillet.
- In a black skillet or regular non-stick skillet, pour enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry fish on both sides until golden brown, about 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. You may need to add a little more oil as you fry the fish. Always allow the oil to heat up before frying fish.
- Serve with lemon wedge and tartar sauce.