Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
2-3 medium yams, peeled and cut into 1/8” thick slices
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 (5-oz.) container fresh baby spinach
½ c. milk
Kosher salt, black and red pepper
2 egg whites
½ c. crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spray a 9” pie plate with PAM.
- Layer the yams, slightly overlapping concentric circles on bottom and upsides of plate. Cut slices in half to fit around the sides.
- Spray PAM all over the sliced yams in plate.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
- Remove from oven and increase temperature to 375.
- In a large nonstick skillet, place over medium heat.
- Drizzle oil to cover bottom.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine milk, eggs, egg whites and stir with a whisk. Season with salt, red/black pepper.
- Arrange the spinach mixture over the potatoes in dish.
- Pour egg mixture over the spinach.
- Sprinkle with feta.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.