Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
4 oz. cream cheese, soft
½ c. grated Parmesan
¼ c. whole milk
Kosher salt/black pepper/red pepper
¼ t. freshly grated nutmeg
½ c. chopped green onions
4 demi-baguettes (9×3”each)
2 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced and cooked until crispy, reserve drippings
1 avocado, diced
1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese and parmesan in bowl with mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, red/black pepper and nutmeg.
- Beat until combined.
- Stir in green onions.
- Cut tops of baguettes in the shape of a football (wide in center with tapered ends), scoop out bread in center (reserve for bread crumbs.)
- Set baguette boasts on baking sheet and brush lightly the insides with reserved drippings.
- Fill boats halfway with egg mixture, then divide avocado, bacon and tomatoes among the boats.
- Top with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake boast until filling is set, 25-30 minutes. Let cool 5-8 minutes before serving. Slice into desired sizes to serve.