Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
4 c. day-old white bread, cut into cubes
3 egg yolks
1 ½ c. milk
1 ½ c. heavy cream
¾ c. canned pumpkin puree
1 c. sugar
¼ t. salt
1 T. rum or brandy, optional
¼ t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon
¼ t. ground cloves
2 T. butter, cold and cut into pieces
- Preheat oven 350. Grease a 13x9x2” baking dish.
- Dry bread crumbs on a cookie sheet in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the pudding ingredients except butter.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let sit for 10-12 minutes, until bread is fully soaked.
- Dab butter over top.
- Bake 40-50 minutes. Pudding part should be set in center but not dry.
- Mix Cool whip with some ground ginger. Dollop some of this on the dessert.