SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
MAGICAL MAC AND CHEESE
¼ c. butter
½ c. chopped Vidalia onion
1 T. minced garlic
¼ c. flour
1 (32-oz.) carton chicken broth
2 c. milk
1 (16-oz.) box elbow macaroni
1 (8-oz.) pkg. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven 400
- In 12” cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook, stir occasionally, until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and continue to whisk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in broth, milk, salt and pepper.
- Whisk frequently, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked macaroni and cheeses until well combined.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.