FROZEN CHOCOLATE PEANUT COVERED BANANAS ON A STICK1 c. semisweet chocolate morsels4 medium firm bananas,…
LOUISIANA CRAWFISH CORNBREAD
1 c. butter, divided
½ of each color bell pepper (red, orange, yellow, green), chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 c. cooked crawfish tails
1 T. minced garlic
Salt, red/black pepper/garlic powder, to taste
2 c. yellow cornmeal
½ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 ¾ c. milk
2 T. honey
1 large egg, beaten
- Place a 10-12” cast iron skillet in oven while it preheats to 450.
- In a medium skillet, melt ½ c. butter. Add bell pepper, green onion and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add crawfish and sauté until done. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Melt 7 T. butter in microwave. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, soda and powder. Add 1 T. salt. Combine.
- Add milk, honey, melted butter and egg. Stir until combined.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven. Place 1 T. butter and swirl to coat the skillet on bottom and sides.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Top with crawfish mixture and bake another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before cutting.