DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
LIGHTER CHICKEN/VEGGIE TETRAZZINI
4 oz. whole-wheat linguine
4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 c. diced carrots
1 c. julienned green bell peppers
½ c. diced red onion
1 T. minced garlic
2 T. flour
1 c. skim milk
½ c. chicken broth
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 t. red pepper flakes
Kosher salt/black pepper
2 T. dry sherry
½ c. chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Preheat oven 375.
- Coat 1 ½-2 qt. baking dish with PAM. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 6 minutes. Drain.
- In large saute pan, drizzle bottom with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Season chicken and saute in pan for 5-6 minutes. Transfer to paper-lined plate to drain.
- To saute pan, add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Add about 1 T. olive oil to pan. Saute carrots, bell peppers, onion and garlic until carrots are softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook another minute.
- Add milk and broth, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, pepper flakes and season with salt/black pepper to taste. Stir until cheese melts.
- Stir in sherry, chicken, pasta and ¼ c. of parsley.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining chopped parsley.