PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
LIGHT AND LEAN LASAGNA
½ lb. ground turkey
1 (14.5-oz.) can tomato puree
3 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
1/3 c. chopped green bell pepper
1/3 c. chopped onion
2 T. minced garlic
1 bay leaf
2 t. Italian seasoning
1 t. dried oregano
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 (12-oz.) container reduced-fat cottage cheese
1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
18-20 wonton wrappers
1 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground turkey in skillet over medium heat, stirring often until brown. Drain well on paper towels.
- Stir together turkey, puree, tomato sauce, bell pepper, onion, garlic, bay leaf, the next 4 seasonings in a large saucepan.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- Preheat oven 350. Stir together cottage cheese, spinach and as much Parmesan as you like.
- Spray a 13×9” baking dish with PAM.
- Spread 1 c. turkey mixture into baking dish.
- Top with 6 wonton wrappers (or enough to cover the turkey), slightly overlapping.
- Then place 1 c. spinach mixture and 1 ½ c. turkey mixture.
- Repeat layers twice, beginning with wontons and ending with turkey mixture.
- Bake 350 for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake another 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.