BOLD GARDEN POTATO SALAD3 lbs. new potatoes, halvedKosher salt, black pepper4 oz. fresh snow peas…
WONDERFUL AVOCADO BUTTER OVER GRILLED FLANK STEAK
8 T. butter, room temp
½ large ripe avocado, small dice
1 (6 oz.) fresh pico de gallo
2 T. finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 T. fresh lime juice
1 t. finely chopped serrano
1 t. toasted ground coriander
Kosher salt/black pepper
2 T. olive oil
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. dark brown sugar
1 t. chili powder
2 lb. flank steak
- In bowl, combine butter, avocado, pico, cilantro, lime juice, serrano, coriander, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Can be made a day or two ahead.
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine oil, garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stir occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Allow mixture to cool. Rub all over flank steak. Let sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat grill to 400-475.
- Let steak sit at room temp for 1 hour. Grill steak, flip once, until medium rare (125 degrees), about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board, smear with a good amount of the butter mixture, tent with foil and let rest 8-10 minutes.
- Slice against grain and serve with remaining butter.