WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Topped Fresh Tomatoes over Corn Casserole
JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT TOPPED FRESH TOMATOES OVER CORN CASSEROLE
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (11-oz.) can Mexi-Corn, drained
1 (11-oz.) can White Shoe-peg corn, drained
2 t. dried cumin
1 T. sugar or honey
Salt, black pepper
2 large fresh Creole tomatoes, thick slices (about 6 slices), season both sides with salt and black pepper (while waiting to use, place on paper towels and let some of the moisture be absorbed.)
½ lb. fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
Fresh lemon juice
Chopped fresh chives or green onions
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, drizzle bottom with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute until tender.
- Add corn and mix.
- Add cumin, honey, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix.
- In an oven-safe baking dish, spread the corn mixture on bottom of dish.
- Place the season tomatoes around the top of corn.
- In a small bowl, place the drained and picked crabmeat and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the crabmeat. Also season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Place generous mounds of the crabmeat in center of each tomato.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil all over the dish.
- Place in 350 oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, just enough to soften the tomatoes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chives or green onions and parmesan cheese.
*Cooked crawfish or shrimp can be substituted for crabmeat.