CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
ALL-IN-ONE PAN JAMBALAYA
1 (8-oz.) container of chopped onion and bell pepper mixture
4 oz. andouille sausage, finely chopped
12 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
Tony Chachere’s Cajun Seasoning, to taste
2 (8.8-oz.) pouches precooked Uncle Ben’s brown rice
4 green onions, chopped
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Drizzle canola oil in bottom of large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion mixture and sausage. Cook until veggies are tender, stir occasionally.
- Season chicken with Tony Chachere and black pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until lightly browned, stir occasionally.
- Strain tomatoes but reserve ¼ of the liquid.
- Add tomatoes, ¼ of liquid and rice to the pan. Scraping pan with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Season if needed.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle with green onions.
- Divide rice mixture evenly among 4 bowls and serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco, if desired.