WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
John Besh’s Crab Stuffed Mirlitons
6 large mirlitons
1 ¼ c. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
2 c. plain breadcrumbs
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 sprig basil, chopped
1 sprig, thyme
1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked
¼ c. Sauce Ravigote
1 green onion, chopped
Salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350.
- Peel and halve mirlitons lengthwise. Simmer in large pot of lightly salted water, covered until tender and easily pierced with knife, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from water and rest upside down on paper towels to cool and drain.
- Heat 1 c. oil in large skillet over medium heat until warm.
- Add garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in pepper flakes and breadcrumbs. Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in parmesan, basil and thyme. Set aside.
- Heat ¼ c. oil in another large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add crabmeat, ¼ c. Sauce Ravigote (recipe to follow), and green onions. Saute 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in 3 T. breadcrumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- With a spoon, gently scoop out seeds in middles of mirlitons to create a pocket for stuffing.
- Pack a spoonful of stuffing into center of each, place in roasting pan or baking dish. Add more stuffing to mirlitons once they are placed in baking dish.
- Cover with remaining breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until stuffing is warmed through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
1 c. mayo
¼ c. prepared horseradish
2 t. Dijon mustard
2 t. chopped chives
1 ½ t. salt
1 t. White wine vinegar
Ground cayenne pepper
Ground white pepper
Juice of 2 lemons
- Mix together all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings. Refrigerate until needed.