SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
DECADENT MINTED OREO CHEESECAKE
4 T. butter
25 Oreo cookies
MINTED OREO CHEESECAKE:
4 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
¾ c. sour cream
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. peppermint extract
4 eggs, room temp
Green food coloring, about 2 drops
15 broken Mint Oreos (broken into pieces but not crushed)
1 1/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
½ c. heavy cream
Cool-Whip, for topping
1. Preheat oven 350. Wrap outside of 9” springform pan with foil. Set aside.
2. CRUST: Place butter in microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted. Set aside.
3. Place OREOS in food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs.
4. Pour crumbs into melted butter and stir to combine. Press evenly into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Set aside.
5. CHEESECAKE: In mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar, scraping down sides occasionally. Beat about 2-3 minutes.
6. Stir in sour cream and extracts.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, stir until just combined. Do not over beat.
8. Stir in food coloring.
9. With a spatula, stir in broken mint Oreos.
10. Pour evenly into springform pan over crust.
11. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set but springs back to the touch.
12. Allow to cool to room temp before placing in refrigerator to chill completely (8 hours or overnight.)
13. GANACHE: Combine chips and heavy cream in saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until melted and smooth. Allow to col 10 minutes and then pour over cooled cheesecake.
14. Allow GANACHE to set and then you can put dollop of whipped cream, if desired.