SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
HERBED GRILLED RABBIT
1 (3-4 lb.) fresh rabbit, cut into 8 pieces
8-10 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems
4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves removed from stems
6 garlic cloves, peeled
½ c. good quality olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 T. honey
Kosher salt, black/red pepper.
Fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs, garnish
- In large bowl, place the rabbit pieces, season with salt and red/black pepper.
- In a food processor, combine thyme, rosemary, garlic, oil, lemon zest/juice and honey.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour marinade over rabbit, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. You can also place this in large plastic zip lock bag.
- Preheat grill to 375.
- Remove rabbit from marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Grill rabbit legs for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add loin and ribs, grill 20 minutes more, continuing to turn all pieces occasionally.
- Brushing with reserved marinade.
- Place on platter and garnish with fresh rosemary/thyme springs.