2 T. butter
¼ c. firmly packed light brown sugar
4 T. Steen’s Cane Syrup, divided
2 c. walnuts
3 T. bourbon, divided
1 lb. good quality thick-cut bacon, chopped
¼ c. cane vinegar
Kosher salt, black pepper
1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts, pulsed in food processor
1. Preheat oven 350.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In saucepan, melt butter.
4. Whisk in brown sugar and 3 T. syrup. Bring to boil.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Stir in nuts and 2 T. bourbon.
7. Transfer to prepared baking pan.
8. Bake 10 minutes and let cool completely. Break into pieces or rough chop. Set aside.
9. In large saute pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve ¼ c. of drippings.
10. In bowl, whisk together drippings, vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining syrup and bourbon.
11. In large bowl, combine sprouts, bacon, walnut mixture and dressing.
12. Serve immediately.