TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
8 hot dogs
¼ c. Creole mustard
8 hot dog buns
2 T. butter, melted
2 c. Crawfish Etouffee
Garnishes: fresh jalapeno slices, diced red onion, diced tomato, grated cheeses, etc.
1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with PAM and place on grill. Preheat grill to medium (350-450).
2. Brush hot dogs with mustard.
3. Split buns and brush inside with melted butter.
4. Place hot dogs on cooking grate and grill, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, 3-5 minutes.
5. Transfer hot dogs to side of grate, away from heat and place buns, buttered side down over heat. Grill buns for about 30 seconds.
6. Heat etouffee in saucepan.
7. Place hot dogs on buns, spoon about ¼ c. of etouffee over each hot dog.
8. Top with favorite
6-8 lbs. crawfish tails
1 stick butter
2-16 oz. containers of pre-chopped onion mixture
1 T. minced garlic
1 small can tomato paste
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of celery soup
1 bunch chopped green onions
1. Melt butter in your pot. Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, empty crawfish tails into it. Season with salt, red/black pepper and garlic powder.
3. Save the bags to get the crawfish fat residue out.
4. Add ½ of the small can of tomato paste, ½ of the can of the two soups. Blend well into the onion mixture.
5. Add crawfish tails and mix well.
6. Take the crawfish bags and put about 1-2” of water in bags and shake around to get the fat residue. Pour into the pot.
7. When all bags are done, add additional water to loosen the mixture. Do not put too much water.
8. From this point on it only takes 15-20 minutes for the crawfish to cook over medium-low heat. Taste for seasoning.
9. Top with green onions. Serve over rice.
*****I know everyone has their own recipe for crawfish etouffee so if you like yours go with it. Just always make extra for the following.
*****Leftovers: Crawfish Fettuccini; Crawfish cakes; You can use leftovers to put as your layer under the bake fish instead of the shrimp in the previous recipe; Also add to the Corn Saute and mix with pasta or mix with rice and stuff tomatoes or peppers.