Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
¼ lb. yellow wax beans
¼ lb. thin green beans
8 garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
1 fresh thyme sprig
1 fresh rosemary sprig
1 t. black peppercorns
10-12 small fingerling potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
2 oil-packed anchovy fillets
¼ c. milk
¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
2 T. red wine vinegar
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook yellow beans until tender, 2-3 minutes.
2. With slotted spoon, transfer beans to baking sheet and let cool.
3. Add green beans to boiling water and cook until just tender, also. Remove just like the yellow beans.
4. Let cool and pat dry.
5. Add the garlic, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary and peppercorns to boiling water.
6. Add potatoes and simmer until tender, about 18-20 minutes. Drain but save garlic cloves, discard rest.
7. In a small bowl, soak anchovies in milk for 10 minutes. Drain, then coarsely chop them and put in blender.
8. Add olive oil and reserved garlic cloves and puree.
9. While machine is running, slowly add vinegar. Scrape the dressing into bowl. Season and stir in parsley.
10. Slice the boiled potatoes into ¼” thick and put them in a large bowl.
11. Add half of the anchovy dressing and toss gently.
12. Add the beans, cherry tomatoes and remaining dressing. Toss gently and serve.