PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
GRILLED AUBERGINES (EGGPLANTS)
2 aubergines (eggplants)
2 cloves of garlic
1 bunch fresh parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly grated parmesan cheese or mozzarella
- Slice the eggplants and arrange on a drainer and cover with salt.
- Let them stand for 1 hour, until they release their bitter liquid.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped parsley, minced garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dry slices and grill them in oven or a grill pan, about 5 minutes on each side.
- On serving dish, alternate the layers of eggplant with the mixture of parsley, etc.
- Sprinkle with cheese of your choice or leave cheese off.
*Serve as a side dish or tasty starter.