NO-BAKE VEGETARIAN ENCHILADASCarrot Sofrito:1 ¼ lbs. carrots, coarsely chopped1 small onion, chopped6 garlic cloves, peeled½…
Olive oil or vegetable oil
1 large bunch fresh kale or spinach, leaves cut into thin ribbons
6 green onions, chopped
8 oz. good quality ham, diced
8 eggs, lightly beaten
½ c. grated parmesan cheese
Salt, black pepper
1. Place oven rack about 6-8” from broiler. Place broiler on HIGH.
2. Place a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3. Drizzle oil to cover bottom of skillet.
4. When oil is hot, add kale or spinach, stirring constantly until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
5. Add green onions and saute for another minute or two.
6. Stir in ham and saute for 1-2 minutes more.
7. Whisk eggs and cheese together. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Arrange the kale or spinach mixture evenly in skillet.
9. Pour egg mixture over the top.
10. Reduce heat to low and cook without stirring until frittata is almost set in center. This takes 10-12 minutes
11. Transfer skillet to broiler and cook, watching carefully to avoid burning, until top is golden brown.
12. Remove from oven, run a spatula around edges of skillet and cut into wedges.
13. Serve hot or allow to cool and serve at room temp.
*****You can add different veggies, meats and cheeses.