RICE PUDDING MUG CAKE1 large egg¼ c. sugar1 c. milk½ t. vanilla extractPinch of Kosher…
Grammie’s Creme Brûlée
|Grammie's Creme Brûlée|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 8 egg yolks
- ⅓ c. white sugar
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- Extra white sugar (for the caramelized tops)
- Preheat oven 300.
- In large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add the sugar. Continue to whisk until sugar has dissolved and mixture is thick.
- Add the cream and vanilla and continue to whisk until blended.
- Strain into another bowl, skimming off any foam or bubbles.
- Divide the mixture among 6 ramekins or custard cups.
- Place the dishes in a large baking pan that has sides.
- Place the pan in oven and slowly add warm water until it is about half way up the custard dishes. This is known as a water bath. This helps to cook evenly.
- Bake until set around edges but still loose in center but firm. This takes about 40-50 minutes.
- Carefully remove baking pan from oven, so as not to spill warm water over into the custard dishes.
- Place on counter and leave in water bath until cool.
- Remove from water bath and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. You can cover with saran wrap.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle about 2 t. of white sugar over each custard cup.
- Use a small, hand-held torch to melt sugar. If you do not have torch, place under broiler until sugar melts. Watch carefully. If you like you can rechill the custard cups for a few minutes before serving.
This Post Has 0 Comments