BACONY CHEDDAR GRITS QUICHE6 thick bacon slices2 ¼ c. milk2 T. butter½ c. uncooked stone-ground…
Baked Eggs in Spinach Cups
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. finely chopped onion
- 2 T. flour
- 1 t. chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 c. milk
- 1 (2-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- ¼ t. ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Baked Eggs in Spinach Cups
- Cook spinach according to pkg. directions. Drain and press out as much moisture as possible. Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat. Add onion and sauté until tender.
- Stir in flour and bouillon. Cook 1 minute and stir constantly.
- Gradually add milk, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thicken and bubbly.
- Stir in pimento, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add in spinach and mix well.
- Spray 4 (6-oz.) custard cups with PAM. Spoon spinach mixture into and spreading sides slightly higher.
- Break an egg into each cup and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake 350 for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake another 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts.
*****For a change, after placing spinach mixture in, lay a piece of Canadian bacon and then the egg.