SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
GOLDEN PECAN PRALINE YAM BARS
1 ¼ c. butter, melted
1 ¼ c. sugar
4 T. vanilla, divided
2 ¾ t. kosher salt, divided
3 1/3 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 ¼ c. rough chopped pecans
2 (15-oz.) cans sweet potato puree
1 1/3 c. packed dark brown sugar, divided
1 c. half and half
2/3 c. whole buttermilk
5 ½ t. pumpkin pie spice, divided
1/8 t. ground cardamom
1/3 c. butter, cubed
- Preheat oven 375.
- Spray 13×9” baking pan with PAM.
- Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Lightly spray paper with PAM.
- In large bowl, stir together melted butter, sugar, 2 t. vanilla and 1 ¾ t. salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Press 1 ¾ c. of dough into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden, 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Crumble remaining 1 ¼ c. dough and stir in pecans. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sweet potato puree, eggs, 1 c. brown sugar, half and half, buttermilk, 5 t. pumpkin pie spice, cardamom and remaining 2 t. vanilla and remaining 1 t. salt with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour filling over prepared crust. Gently tap pan on counter 3-5 times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Top with reserved crumble mixture and bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and the refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan and cut into bars.
- Place bars on wire ack ser over parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet.
- IN saucepan, bring butter, remaining 1/3 c. brown sugar and remaining ½ t. pumpkin pie spice to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil 1 minute. Drizzle over bars.