CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
BEST EVER SPINACH-FETA BUNS
SAVORY BUN DOUGH:
1 c. whole milk
¼ c. vegetable oil
¼ c. sugar
1 t. active dry yeast
2 ¼ c. flour
¼ t. baking powder
¼ t. baking soda
1 t. kosher salt
1 (12-oz.) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
4 oz. feta cheese
2 T. grated parmesan cheese
1 t. kosher salt
½ t. onion powder
1 t. black pepper
5 T. salted butter
Flour for dusting
- SAVORY BUN DOUGH: Heat milk, oil and sugar in large saucepan over medium heat until mixture is warm and sugar is dissolved (do not boil.)
- Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit until it bubbles slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 c. flour to yeast mixture and stir until combined.
- Cover with kitchen towel and let rise in warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- FILLING: While dough is rising, mix together spinach, feta, parmesan, salt, onion powder and pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Melt 3 T. butter in small saucepan and keep warm.
- On floured surface, roll out dough into 10×15” rectangle with long side facing you.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over dough.
- Beginning with long side farthest from you, use both hands to slowly roll dough toward you. Keep the roll tight (ok if some filling oozes out a bit.)
- When you reach end, pinch the seam together.
- Transfer to cutting board and with sharp knife, cut into 12 slices.
- Brush a 9” round cake-pan or deep-dish pie pan with 2 T. melted butter.
- Place buns cut-side up in pan.
- Brush tops of buns with remaining tablespoon of melted butter.
- Cover the pan with kitchen towel and let rise at room temp until puffy and nearly doubled in size, at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Uncover the buns and bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Do not let them get overly brown.
- While buns baking, melt the remaining 2 T.
- When buns come out of oven, generously drizzle with butter, getting it all around the edges and over the top.