40-50 fresh garlic cloves*
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 (8-oz.) container sliced mushrooms
8-10 Roma tomatoes, halved
12-16 baby assorted potatoes (yukon gold, purple, red)
2 fryers, split and seasoned
Chopped green onions, garnish
½ c. fresh lemon juice
½ c. soy sauce
½ c. Worcestershire sauce
½ c. Marzetti Simply Dressed Vinaigrette-Lemon
1. SAUCE: In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and set aside.
2. In large roasting pan, spray with PAM.
3. In bottom of pan, place the garlic cloves.
4. On top of the cloves, place the red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and potatoes.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Lay the fryer halves on top of the veggies.
7. Drizzle with olive oil.
8. Pour the sauce over the whole pan.
9. Sprinkle the fryers with paprika.
10. Cover will heavy duty foil.
11. Bake in 375 oven for 1-1 ½ hours.
12. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes or until golden and chicken is done.
13. Garnish with chopped onions.
*****We had picked up boiled crawfish one night and in the mist of all the crawfish were these mass amounts of garlic cloves. I used these which were in the boiling process of the crawfish. They had a nice flavor and after baking with chicken they were actually very sweet to the taste. Nice touch!