DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
FRESH ASPARAGUS AND CRAWFISH ORZO PASTA CASSEROLE
1 (8-oz.) container chopped onion mix
1 (10-oz.) container fresh pico de gallo
1 stick butter
¼ c. good quality olive oil
2 lbs. fresh crawfish tails
1 lb. fresh asparagus, remove tough ends and cut rest into bite-size pieces
1 lb. bag of orzo pasta
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
Freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Boil the orzo pasta in salted water, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pot, melt the butter and add the olive oil.
- To the hot butter/olive oil, add the chopped onion mix and saute.
- Add the crawfish tails, asparagus tips and pico and cook for 10-12 minutes or until crawfish are tender.
- Season to taste.
- Gradually add the cooked orzo to the mixture. You may like more or less of the pasta. Add the amount that you prefer. Taste for season again.
- Spray a baking dish and put the mixture into the dish.
- Bake in 325 oven until hot.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and paprika.
- When serving place grated parmesan cheese on the side as an option to add to the dish.