TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
FLAVORFUL YAM AND CHORIZO SOUP
1 (12-oz.) pkg. cooked chorizo sausage, sliced ½” thick slices
1 yellow onion, diced
2 T. minced garlic
6 c. chicken broth
4 c. yams, peeled and cubed into ½” size
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
Kosher salt, black pepper
½ lb. chopped fresh kale or stemmed turnip greens or baby spinach (or combination)
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil that covers bottom of pot and place over medium heat.
- Add chorizo, stir occasionally and cook until browned.
- Remove sausage with slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Reserve drippings in pot.
- Add onion to drippings and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in broth, yams, tomatoes and season.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until yams are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in chorizo and your choice of greens. Cook until greens are wilted, for about 5-8 minutes. Taste for seasoning, again.