UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
FLAVORFUL FRIED CORN
3 slices bacon, chopped
1/3 c. butter
6 c. fresh corn kernels, blanched
1 poblano pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 T. minced garlic
Kosher salt/black pepper
1 T. fresh lemon juice
Fresh basil, garnish
- To blanch corn kernels, add to large pot of boiling water. Cook 30 seconds. Drain and transfer to ice water to stop cooking process. Drain well.
- In large skillet, cook bacon until browned and crispy.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Melt butter with drippings.
- Add corn, peppers and garlic.
- Cook, stir occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Garnish with basil.