SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH VEGGIES AND JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT IN FOIL PACKETS
1-2 lbs. fresh red snapper (leaving skin and scales in place to form a protective half shell)
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
1 of each color (red, yellow, green) bell pepper, cut into rings or strips
1 (12-oz.) package of steak-cut thick portabella mushrooms
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 lime, thinly sliced
1 c. fresh mango salsa
1 (10-oz.) container of fresh pico de gallo
Marzetti Simply Dressed vinaigrette-Lemon Flavored
Freshly chopped parsley, garnish
2 sticks butter
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 t. sea salt
1 t. black pepper
1 t. chipotle powder
1 t. dried thyme
1 t. dried rosemary
2 T. sweet paprika
3 T. fresh lemon juice
- Take a large sheet of heavy-duty foil and lay flat on counter top (make sure foil is larger than piece of fish.)
- Spray PAM on the foil.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of fish and season with salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder.
- Place the skin side down on the foil.
- Begin layering the following: onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, lemon, lime, combine the salsa and pico and spread over the top.
- Drizzle with the lemon based dressing.
- Tear another sheet of foil that is same size.
- Place it on top of the fish.
- Fold all 4 sides of the foil around the fish to create a packet.
- Place on medium-high grill. Cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, open the foil packet at the top and start basting with the sauce.
- BASTING SAUCE: Melt the 2 sticks of butter in a sauce pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 2 minutes. Baste the fish and veggies.
- Cook with the foil packet open for another 20-15 minutes. Will depend on the size of your fish. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, for garnish.
*I like to serve with JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT SAUTE on the side or on top of the fish.
PAT’S FAVORITE CRABMEAT SAUTE
1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked and drained
¼ c. clarified butter
¼ c. butter, with lemon zest
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
Chopped green onions or parsley
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil.
- When it is blended and hot, gently fold in the crabmeat. Try not to break it up.
- Heat until crabmeat is hot.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with onions or parsley and paprika. Serve over your favorite fish or steak.
*You can now buy clarified butter in specialty stores or large supermarkets. This has made my life so much easier. If I don’t have the clarified butter, I just use regular butter for the amount of the clarified.