REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Fantastic Fried Zucchini
FANTASTIC FRIED ZUCCHINI
3 medium fresh zucchini (about 1 ½ lbs.)
Salt, pepper to taste
¾ c. flour
1/3 c. milk
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
Vegetable oil, for frying
Chopped parsley, garnish
Lemon wedges, garnish
- Cut zucchini into French-fry like pieces (about 3” long x ½” wide).
- Season with salt and pepper and place on single layer of paper towel lined baking sheet. Set aside for 20-30 minutes, pat dry with paper towel.
- Place flour on plate. In shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Working 3-4 pieces at a time, dredge in flour to coat, dip into egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Set aside in single layer on sheet tray.
- Preheat oven 200.
- Heat large skillet filled with about ½” oil over medium heat (350 degrees.)
- Working in batches, cook 8-10 pieces in single layer until golden brown all over, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oil and transfer to wire rack set over a sheet pan or a sheet pan lined with paper towels.
- Hold cooked zucchini in warmed oven.
- Continue to fry remaining zucchini, adding more oil if needed.
- Serve warm with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.