REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Cheesy Garlic Steamed Artichokes
CHEESY GARLIC STEAMED ARTICHOKES
Asiago, Parmesan or Pepper Jack Cheese, cut into slivers
Whole garlic cloves
- Follow the recipe for steaming artichokes but before placing into the water, insert the selected cheese and garlic cloves between the artichoke leaves.
PERFECT STEAMED ARTICHOKES
Salt and pepper
- Pull off and discard tough and discolored leaves from bottom of artichoke.
- Cut off the stem so that it will sit evenly.
- Slice off about an inch off the top of the artichoke.
- With kitchen shears, snip off and discard the prickly ends of remaining leaves.
- Turn the artichoke upside down and bang on the counter to help open up the leaves.
- You can take your hand and gently pull them away from the center.
- Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil all around the artichoke and down into the leaves.
- Transfer to a steamer basket set over salted boiling water, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until tender. You can usually with tongs, pull on a leaf. If it comes out easily, it is done.
- Drain and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (balsamic vinegar, aioli or any dressing.)