WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Easy Summer Squash Gratin
EASY SUMMER SQUASH GRATIN
1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly vertically sliced
1 large orange bell pepper, sliced
1 T. minced garlic
¼ c. dry white wine
Kosher salt, black pepper
2 c. thinly sliced zucchini
2 c. thinly sliced yellow squash
3 oz. whole-wheat bread
1 T. chopped fresh oregano
¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 450.
- In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine, salt and pepper, cook another minute.
- Spread this mixture in bottom of shallow 2 quart oven proof baking dish.
- Arrange the zucchini and squash slices, alternating in a single layer over the onion mixture.
- Place bread in food processor, pulse until coarsely ground.
- Combine about 1 T. olive oil, breadcrumbs, oregano and cheese in bowl.
- Sprinkle over the squash mixture.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn the oven then to broil (do not remove dish from oven).
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until browned.
- Drizzle with the sherry vinegar, as desired.
- You can also sprinkle more grated cheese if desired.