DAN DAN NOODLES WITH PORK
½ c. chicken broth
¼ c. dry sherry
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. creamy peanut butter
1 T. chili garlic sauce
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. toasted sesame oil
1 T. peanut oil
1 lb. ground pork
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. minced ginger
Salt, black pepper
½ c. minced cilantro or parsley
Stir-fry noodles or pasta, cooked according to pkg.
Chopped dry-roasted peanuts, garnish
- Whisk together broth, sherry, soy sauce, peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar and sesame oil.
- Heat peanut oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork and stir fry until cooked through. Use a potato masher to break up the chunks.
- Stir in garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth mixture and let simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes more.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Stir in cilantro and serve over noodles and garnish with peanuts.
*Ground chicken, turkey, beef can be used instead of pork.