ASIAN EGG-NOODLE FRITTATA2 (3-oz.) pkg. Oriental-flavor ramen noodles, broken8 eggs, lightly beaten½ c. canned coconut…
DELIGHTFUL OPEN-FACED CAPRESE SANDWICHES
1 T. minced garlic
8 slices (1/2” thick) crusty Italian bread
3 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
16-20 medium fresh basil leaves
3 T. balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt, black pepper
- Prepare grill for medium heat (350-450).
- Combine garlic with olive oil. Toss to combine and brush onto 1 side of bread slices.
- Lay bread oiled side down on grill and cook until slightly toasted.
- Turn bread over, lay tomato slices on bread to fit, overlapping if needed.
- Lay cheese over tomatoes.
- Cover and grill and cook until cheese starts to melt.
- Transfer sandwiches to a platter.
- Put 2-3 basil leaves over each sandwich.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.